Creamy Chicken Puffs

Packing is full on for our shifting, which is scheduled for weekend. Each time I pull out something, I am really left wondering as to how much stuff I have hoarded over these years! Majority of the stuff are crockery and the props for blogging. My HD keeps asking me that we are just three adults and two kids in the house, why do we need so much of stuff? Valid question, however I always feel that men will never understand a woman's insatiable need to buy more and more crockery, just like it is with clothes, shoes and bags! Hehe... While sorting out stuff, I pulled out two bags which contained a lot of my past - school, college and our early days. I didn't go to open them or so, but just kept them into a carton with a heavy heart. I was just wondering, how time changes us for good or for bad. We are not what we were during our school days. I have been commented by a couple of my friends as to how much I have changed from what they used to know me during those days. What they fail to realize that they have changed too. Yes, I have changed, life has taught me quite a bit. Hasn't life taught and changed all of you too? Maybe, that has affected the person I am but even though I hate my sensitive bit as it gets battered and bruised too constantly for my liking, I feel that is my best feature and try my level best to maintain it. I also feel that only a sensitive heart can reach out to Allah and ask for His help, otherwise we may get too hard to even believe in His mercy.

As for today's post... Puffs is something the kids and I equally love to have along with our tea. B is a fan of it too though HD is so-so with it. The only problem with puffs is that you have a trail of powder on the floor to be swept off after enjoying them! Hehe... I have already share some puff recipes before, one with sausages and other with vegetables. This is a very simple variation of chicken, where using stock the filling is made a little creamy so that you have a slight liquid oozing out when you bite into the puff. Off to the recipe...

Creamy Chicken Puffs
Makes 7


Ingredients:

14 puff pastry squares, thawed
1 tbsp butter
1 small onion, sliced
2 tbsp flour
1 cup cooked chicken, shred
3/4 cup chicken stock
Salt n pepper to taste

Method:

Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Grease a baking pan and keep ready.

Heat butter in a saucepan. Add the onion and saute till soft. Add the flour and saute till it change color. Add the chicken stock and cook till the mixture thickens. Keep whisking so that there are no lumps. Add the chicken and briefly cook for a couple of minutes. Adjust the seasoning and switch off.

Take one puff pastry square, spread some chicken mixture, cover with another puff pastry square. Press the sides to stick them. Transfer to the baking tray. Repeat for the remaining puff pastry squares, till you make a total of 7.

Bake for 20 minutes. Cool slightly. Serve warm and enjoy!

Notes:

To make chicken stock if not available, melt one cube of Maggi chicken stock in water and use.


Labels: , ,